Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas Cheer

I am not going to do an actual cheer here. I don't have any pom poms and quite frankly the holidays have left me a little drained. I think it is time for a flood / drought report........Well there is no drought, thats for damn sure. Been a little wet. This would bother me, seeing as how I had the last 2 weeks off, but its to cold to even think about the rain. I mean, how can I really enjoy a nice beer in an ice cold glass when its 22 degrees outside. 22 degrees in Columbia South Carolina. I guess I shouldn't complain, I think it was 21 in Des moines Iowa yesterday.
Christmas came and went with out a hitch. My sister and her family stayed with us for a couple of nights. Normally this would freak me out but we are set up pretty well for it. Did have the entire family over for dinner 2 days in a row. Again no problem just sort of lightly (permanently) scarred the dogs. I think they are still looking under the furniture for small children.
Tried a new recipe for the turkey (day 1) by sliding bacon under the skin before roasting. I think it was the best turkey I have ever had and certainly the best I have ever cooked. I kept from smoking up the whole house this year by replacing the gasket on the oven door. Getting a replacement gasket for a 40 year old oven was not exactly strait forward. The parts place I always use had closed without calling to inform me first (how dare they) so I found another through the magic of Google. I knew I was in the right place when they pulled out he box of micro film to look up the part. (for those of you under 40 micro film is an ancient form of data storage that was used in the days of yore) Got almost and exact match.
I have no idea where this post was going so I am going to leave it right there. If I fix it up and give it some direction I think it will lose its "charm"

No comments: